Integrated Outcomes Assessment
HDI Connect is a standardized, client-friendly assessment that helps clinicians and clinics increase client engagement, evaluate current treatments and identify emergent symptoms or risks that may warrant additional clinical care.
Document Effectiveness to Drive Better Results
Automated scoring and easily interpretable results enable users to drive better outcomes and show quality clinical performance, and document treatment plan effectiveness by using an empirically validated, standardized psychological test for identifying a patient’s current state of morale/distress, global symptoms and global impairments.
HDI Connect™ identifies problems with a respondent’s level of morale, behavioral health symptoms and impairments, and measures seven symptom domains and three impairment domains.
HDI Connect™ can be easily re-administered upon signs and symptoms of clinical change. At termination or completion, it can be used to chronicle the effectiveness of care.
Strengthen Your Business Reputation and Bottom Line with Clinical Outcomes
Collect and track clinical outcomes
Measure multiple domains (depression, anxiety, behavior and morale)
Analyze outcomes on organizational, provider and patient levels
Share outcomes with stakeholders
Identify and prioritize Quality Improvement (QI) needs
Establish a Quality Improvement plan based on actionable data
Use outcomes measures to evaluate & communicate improvement
Connect Stakeholders for Patient-centered Care
A valid measure of wellness, HDI Connect™ gauges and tracks a patient’s current level of emotional, mental and behavioral well-being and functioning. Web-based and mobile-friendly, HDI Connect™ can be completed by patients on a tablet, computer or smart phone. Results are automatically scored and illustrated within a comprehensive, easy-to-interpret summary graph and outcomes report, fostering provider and patient engagement by indicating problems and progress.
Connect Care Providers
HDI Connect™ facilitates collaborative care relationships and strengthens referral management with external partners by enabling providers to easily share current results with patients’ primary care clinics and other specialty care providers.
Ensure maximum reimbursement amounts for care provided to Medicare beneficiaries, as required under the CMS “Provider Quality Reporting System” (PQRS), by using HDI Connect™ items with quality measurement reporting.
Bridge Clinical Performance and Quality Improvement
HDI Connect™ is your organization’s bridge for connecting clinical care effectiveness to higher patient satisfaction.
Set the stage for clinical performance and Quality Improvement (QI) by operationalizing HDI Connect™ throughout your organization. By implementing HDI Connect™ organization-wide, periodic assessments flow into aggregated, population-level data sets. HDI Connect™ data sets allow for population health analytics and data-driven outcomes reporting.
Ultimately, HDI Connect™ improves your organization’s strategic position with two critical groups: (a) payers seeking value-based purchasing terms and contracted rate referrals, and (b) care delivery partners expecting evidence of quality clinical care and favorable outcomes.
HDI Connect™ empowers patients to be more engaged with their care by helping them visualize progress, facilitating conversation.
Develops a personal progress report of improvement or setbacks
Provides a roadmap showing where they want to work next
Creates a discussion tool to help clinicians “know who they are”
Reminds patients how they rated themselves last time
Offers a safe, silent means to reach out for help
Strengthen Patient Engagement
The HDI Connect™ self-portrait reveals a complete picture of your patient’s current health and well-being.
HDI Connect™ time-series portraits offer an evolving, rich understanding of your patients, with a far deeper clinical knowledge base on which to address their concerns and improve their lives. Compare patient results to past or future HDI Connect™ self-projections.
Record Patient Progress in Real Time
HDI Connect™ is a standardized mental, emotional and behavioral assessment that patients complete alone or with help, during or after the diagnostic assessment.
Reports are color-coded and easy-to-interpret with patients. When given repeatedly, HDI Connect™ tracks treatment effectiveness and reveals a deeper clinical perspective to better treat a patient and ultimately improve their quality of life.
Create a Bridge with Primary Care
HDI Connect™ fosters communication and coordinated care between patients, providers and primary care systems.
HDI Connect™ is interoperable with disparate electronic health record systems, enabling integration of patient-centered, mental and behavioral health outcomes data with primary and specialty care medical records.
HDI Connect™ includes HL7 coding to integrate with any compliant EHR.
Benefits of the HDI Connect™
Achieving the “Triple Gain” of improving care effectiveness, increasing patient engagement and increasing operational performance.
- Self-reported symptom surveys may be more valid and reliable than clinician directed symptom measurement methods (Justice, et al, 1999).
- Clients often enjoy learning and talking about their HDI Connect™ test results
- Tangible proof of progress and treatment success builds self-efficacy
- Easy to interpret report print-out may enhance client goal setting and motivation for change
- Reveals new concerns or problems not previously diagnosed or detected
- Allows for comparative analysis of parent-child symptoms’ reporting
- Having a “plan” on paper may be calming and confidence-building for clients
Sensitivity, specificity, reliability, and clinical validity of provider-reported symptoms: a comparison with self-reported symptoms. Outcomes Committee of the AIDS Clinical Trials Group. Justice AC, et al. (1999).
Effectiveness of Care
- Offers corroborating evidence to the DA
- Probes for additional, unknown information about the client
- Scoring comparison between clients and a non-client comparison group
- Rates symptom severity
- Reveals symptom severity changes over time
- Test results self-populate client’s EHR for easy provider access
- Complementary to care coordination and care management client support
- Tracks symptom improvement and treatment progress
- Diagnostic Advisor with DSM 5 compatible crosswalk increases billing accuracy
- “Treatment modality selection tool” saves time and increases accuracy in treatment planning
- Demonstrates added purchasing and payment value to payers
- Provides a “built-in” clinical performance metric for meaningful treatment outcomes’ comparison
- Pay for performance dashboarding tool
- Enables population health management analyses
- Individual NIHI-HDI items meet federal CMS Quality Reporting System (PQRS) reporting requirements
- NIHI-HDI is a standardized psychological test billable under normal medical necessity criteria
- Cloud based application does not affect the performance of internal clinic servers
- NIHI-HDI test may be sent by e-mail or text to be taken by the client on any device connected to the Web
An Overview of HDI Connect™
HDI Connect™ is a clinician and client friendly tool for measuring and tracking outcomes’ assessment results.
Automated rapid scoring and easily interpretable results enable clinic users to drive better results, show quality clinical performance, document treatment plan effectiveness and use an empirically validated, standardized psychological test for identifying a client’s current state of moral, global symptoms and global impairments.
Essential Characteristics of HDI Connect™
HDI Connect™ is an empirically validated, standardized, broadband mental health tool that tracks mental health progress over time. Essential characteristics include:
- 6th grade reading level
- Common medical language
- Covers broad age group (age 4 and older)
- The Self report is normed from age 14 through adulthood
- The Parent version is normed from age 4 through 18
- In the 14 through 18 age group, both tests can be used to illustrate the convergence or divergence of perspective between parent and child
- 5-10 minutes to complete
- Critical items
Hope or energy the patient brings to treatment and their efforts to change
A departure from the state of normality or health
- Alienation and Perception
- Behavioral Problems
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
A loss of function, as a result of a disease, condition, or injury
- Occupational Impairment
- Relational Impairment
- Self-Care Impairment
Interpretation of Client Responses & Scores
The HDI Connect™ report provides a brief interpretation of your client’s scores in a narrative form. It provides information regarding where your client’s scores fall in relation to the norming population. It also suggests considerations for evaluation.
Discussion of Client Reported Confidence & Motivation
Includes 2 items that assess treatment attitudes of the patient. These answers suggest treatment motivation and likely treatment engagement. The client’s rating of those two items are reviewed and implications for treatment are suggested.
Review of Critical Items
Nine items that are critical for review and assess specific pathology, particularly high risk for suicide, homicide, or special problems client might be experiencing. Items include:
- Depression: thoughts of death or suicide
- Anxiety: repeated and intrusive thoughts
- Eating Disorders: purging behaviors
- Alienation & Perception: thoughts controlled against your will, hearing or seeing things others don’t hear or see
- Substance Abuse: excessive drug and/or alcohol use, lying about drug and/or alcohol use
- Behavior Problems: using force when upset, destruction of property or breaking the law (HDI-P only), feeling out of control of anger or ashamed of anger (HDI-S only)
Individual Item Responses
The clinician has a quick way to look at the individual responses to each question with these tables. Additionally, there are graphic representations of change on the HDI scales and subscales, in the form of a time series graph. When a client takes follow-up HDIs, the clinician can view progress on each scale and subscale over multiple administrations. This allows clinician to view whether patient is getting better, getting worse, or staying the same over the course of treatment.
Printout of Clinician Report Form
Allows clinician to provide feedback to client regarding the HDI Connect™ report.
Billable psychodiagnostic testing
HDI Connect™ is a standardized psychological test, therefore billable, under certain clinical conditions and medical necessity guidelines set by third party payers. HDI Connect™ is typically billed under the following CPT codes: 96101, 96102 and 96103.
Actual payment amounts will vary by the billing provider’s credentials. Supervision of HDI Connect™ testing, interpretation and reporting is a prerequisite for billing. Private carriers often attach their own payment rules to the general guidelines issued by CMS. For example, the definition of “qualified health care professional” is variable by payer source.
Provides outcomes data as required by payers
Ensures compliance with state/federal outcomes reporting requirements
Fully integrated within Procentive EHR
3 global scales: symptoms, functional status, morale
7 individual symptom or functional scales
2 normed versions: parent (age 4 – 18), self (age 14 – adult)
20 integrated client background items
HDI Diagnostic Advisor provides diagnostic support
Provides immediate test scoring and medical record integration
Easy-to-interpret outcomes report with common language
Graphic longitudinal view of scores for each scale or subscale
Easily completed by client in 15 mins.
Supportive of care management services